LET'S GET STARTED!
Please Provide The Following:
The Name of the Idea
Names of all individuals involved in the creation of your concept
Short 1-Page Summary, as well as any other details related to story lines, casting options, your personal or professional experience with the subject matter and other relevant information.
RELYENT ENTERTAINMENT CONTENT SUBMISSIONS
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By submitting a photograph, story, video, or other materials (a “Submission”) to RELYENT Entertainment, as part of a specific request for submissions on the website (a “Promotion”), I hereby grant RELYENT Entertainment, LLC, and its affiliates, subsidiaries, assigns, licensees, employees, and legal representatives (collectively, ”RE”) the irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide right to use, reproduce, license, edit, market, store, distribute, display, perform, transmit, create derivative works based upon, and promote the Submission through the Relyent.com service and such other products or services as RE may designate in any medium now known or hereafter devised, in all languages, throughout the universe for editorial, commercial, promotional and all other purposes, including, without limitation, the right to reproduce and distribute the Submission for promotional purposes in broadcast, print, or other media. I retain ownership of all right, title, and interest in the Submission. I agree that RE owns all right, title, and interest in any compilation, collective work, or other derivative work created by RE using or incorporating the Submission. RE shall have the right to use any edited Submission, or parts of a Submission, without my approval and I waive any right to inspect or approve any uses of the Submission. I waive any right of attribution and/or right of integrity in the Submission. SNI has no obligation to acknowledge receipt of my Submission or to return the Submission to me.
I represent and warrant that (i) the Submissions is my own original work, (ii) the Submission shall not infringe on any copyright or any other third party right nor violate any applicable law or regulation, and (iii) I have the right to grant any and all copyright and other related rights to the Submission, free and clear of all claims and encumbrances, and without violating the rights of any person or entity, including any right to privacy or publicity. I agree to defend, indemnify, and hold RE harmless from and against any claim, demand, cause of action, damages, liabilities of any kind, and reasonable attorney’s fees which may arise out of or in connection with the Submissions.
I agree that no sum shall be due to me for agreeing to this License and Release and RE will not be obligated to pay me or any third party any sum whatsoever, regardless of the time or method of any future use of the Submission. RE has no obligation to publish, exhibit, or otherwise use my Submission in any manner. RE reserves the right to pull any Submission at any time and for any reason. If I am contacted by the press to comment on my participation in the Promotion, I agree that I will not give any statements or hold myself out as a representative of SNI or the Promotion without first obtaining written permission from SNI. I hereby represent that I am 18 years of age or older. This License and Release shall be governed by the laws of the state of Tenessee, excluding conflicts of law principles.
RELYENT ENTERTAINMENT POLICY CONCERNING CONTENT SUBMISSIONS
RELYENT ENTERTAINMENT wishes to acquaint all those who intend to submit materials, including; ideas, proposals, marketing or promotional plans, program formats, literary material, video and musical compositions, with the expectation of having those materials reviewed and evaluated.
All those wishing to submit materials, must be at least 18yrs old, and agree to provide limited contact information, as well as consent to indemnify RELYENT Entertainment from any liability associated with the distribution of such materials.
Per our policy, submission are understood to be original concepts, with the understanding they may contain materials, suggestions or ideas substantially similar or identical to those which have been developed by our staff or which have been submitted by others; or are very derivative in concept to current and past programs we’ve created and produced. Further, we may begin using material similar or identical to yours, which we received after the date of your submission. Accordingly, we reserve the right to review material and determine whether we have in fact used these ideas and to decide what compensation should be paid in event of use.
Because of this, it is our policy to require the acknowledgement and signing of this release before considering any material, ideas, proposals, marketing or promotional plans, program formats, literary material, videos and musical compositions.
Please read the release carefully and return a signed copy along with the material you wish to submit.
SUBMISSION RELEASE – RELYENT ENTERTAINMENT
You have indicated that you wish to submit to RELYENT ENTERTAINMENT
certain ideas, proposals, marketing or promotional plans, program formats, treatments or other material (the “Material”). By signing this letter in the space indicated below, along with the requested contact information, you confirm that you have read the enclosed policy concerning the acceptance of the Material, for review, and you also accept the terms outlined. The Material should be submitted as an attachment, or cut/paste in the space provided.
The following shall constitute our agreement with respect to the Material:
1. In consideration of your agreement to the terms and conditions set forth below, RELYENT ENTERTAINMENT agrees to cause its appropriate employee having the duty of evaluating material of the type now being submitted by you to review your Material.
2. You acknowledge that there does not now exist, nor has there ever existed, not will there exist, a fiduciary relationship between you and RELYENT ENTERTAINMENT . You requested this opportunity to submit your Material to RELYENT ENTERTAINMENT and you make this submission voluntarily and on an unsolicited basis. You and RELYENT ENTERTAINMENT had not yet reached an agreement concerning the use of the Material and you realize that no obligation of any kind is assumed by, or may be implied against RELYENT ENTERTAINMENT unless and until a formal written contract has been entered into between you and RELYENT ENTERTAINMENT , and then the obligation shall be only as is expressed in the formal written contract.
3. You declare that all of the important features of your Material, and the particular items being submitted by you (for example: script, outline, drawings, photographs, taped materials, etc.) are summarized on Schedule A annexed to this letter, and you have disclosed no other features to RELYENT ENTERTAINMENT. You acknowledge that this release covers and governs any and all of the Material, whether first submitted to RELYENT ENTERTAINMENT contemporaneously with, or prior to, or following, the execution of this release, and applies also to any submission of the Material made to RELYENT ENTERTAINMENT by another source, directly or indirectly, by or through you. You warrant you are the sole and exclusive creator, author and owner of the Material, and to your knowledge no one else has any right to the Property
4. Material. You further warrant that no rights in the Material have previously been granted to anyone nor has the Material otherwise been exploited in any way. You believe your Material and its features to be unique and novel. However, you cannot and will not assume or infer from the fact that RELYENT ENTERTAINMENT will accept your offer to submit your Material to RELYENT ENTERTAINMENT , that RELYENT ENTERTAINMENT regards your Material, or any part thereof, as novel, valuable or usable. You recognize that other persons including RELYENT ENTERTAINMENT employees may have submitted to RELYENT ENTERTAINMENT or to others or made public, or may hereafter originate and submit or make public, similar or identical material which RELYENT ENTERTAINMENT shall have the right to use, and you understand that you will not be entitled to any compensation because of RELYENT ENTERTAINMENT’s use of such other similar or identical material. Subject to the foregoing provisions, RELYENT ENTERTAINMENT will not make any use of any legally protectable portion of your Material unless you and RELYENT ENTERTAINMENT have agreed in a writing signed by both parties concerning your compensation for such use, which compensation shall in no event be greater than the compensation normally paid by RELYENT ENTERTAINMENT for similar Material from comparable sources.
5. Any controversy arising out of or in connection with this agreement, including without limitation any claim that RELYENT ENTERTAINMENT has used any legally protectable portion of you Material in violation of the terms hereof, shall be governed by the laws of the State of Tennessee, and the parties consent to the jurisdiction of the state and federal courts of Tennessee for the resolution of such matters. In the event of such controversy you agree that you shall assert such claims not later than six (6) months after the date on which you first learned (or reasonably should have been aware) of RELYENT ENTERTAINMENT ’s use or intended use of any portion of the Material. You further agree that your rights and remedies, if any, shall be limited to an action to recover money damages in an action at law, and without limitation of the foregoing, you expressly agree that you shall not seek to enjoin or restrain the production, exhibition, distribution, licensing, advertising, and/or promotion of any of RELYENT ENTERTAINMENT ’s programming, promotional or marketing plans, and/or any of the subsidiary rights in connection therewith.
6. You have retained a copy of this Release and of your Material, and you release RELYENT ENTERTAINMENT from liability for loss or damage to the Material. You also acknowledge and agree that RELYENT ENTERTAINMENT is not obligated to return your Material to you. RELYENT ENTERTAINMENT ’s review of your Material constitutes RELYENT ENTERTAINMENT ’s acceptance of the terms and conditions set forth herein, and RELYENT ENTERTAINMENT shall have relied upon your agreement herein in considering your Material for review. RELYENT ENTERTAINMENT agrees to use reasonable efforts to keep all the Material confidential.
This Submission Release constitutes our entire understanding and agreement, and supersedes all prior understandings, whether written or oral. Any subsequent modification or waiver of this Submission Release must be in writing, signed by both of us. The invalidity of any provision hereof is not to affect the remaining provisions.